Athletics Ontarioâ€™s Junior and Senior Track and Field Championship is this weekend. Please review the following information in lead up to the event. For additional information please visit the championship event page by clicking here.
Check In Windows at the Championship
- The standard check-in procedure used at Athletics Ontario Championships will be in use at this meet. Athletes entered in track events must check in at the designated check-in area separately for each event no sooner than 90 minutes and no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the race.
- Â Athletes who fail to check-in as required will not be allowed to compete in the event. Please allow extra time for bad weather, traffic problems, etc. Picking up bib numbers does not constitute a check-in.
- The check-in tent will be setup in the spectator stands at the red Athletics Ontario tent.
- Relay declaration cards will be provided at the check-in tent in the spectator stands
- Coaches must have their relay cards submitted to the check-in tent no later than 30 min prior to the start of the event
100m and 200mÂ
- The Junior Women will not have a semi-final. They will only run a prelim and then go straight to final. Top 3 in each heat plus the next 2 fastest times will advance into the finals.
- The Junior Women, Junior Men, and Senior Men 200m will have a prelim, semi-final, and final. There will be an A and B final. Finals will run slow to fast.
- Both the Senior Men Long Jump and Junior Women Long Jump have large fields of athletes. Both these age groups will have two flights.
- Flights will be split with one having the top seeds and the other with the bottom seeds.
- Both flights will occur at the same time
- Only the top 8 performing athletes from either flights after the first 3 rounds will get an additional 3 jumps
- i.e. flight 1 may have 11 athletes while flight 2 has 10. The top 8 from the total 21 athletes will be given an additional 3 attempts.
Seeding for Championships
- Only OutdoorÂ Performances from Athletics Ontario Sanctioned/Approved meets will be automatically accepted as seeds for this championship. Meets outside of Ontario that have been accepted into the Athletics Canada rankings will also be accepted. In both instances, when entering your athletes into this meet, Trackie will auto populate this information.