Athletics Ontario would like to invite athletes to participate in anÂ Athlete Testing WorkshopÂ for the purposes of creating an athlete database and draw interest with the Ontario Summer Games being held Aug 2-5 in London. The data will be shared with coaches and athletes to be used as a tool for training. Athletes will be put through a battery of field tests to assess balance, power, speed, coordination. The testing will not over exert the athletes and they will rotate through the tests fairly quickly, taking no more than five minutes per athlete.
We are interested in testing athletes between the ages of 9-18.
- Date: December 3, 2017
- Location: Toronto Track and Field Centre (231 Ian MacDonald Blvd)
- Price: TBD
Tests included (but not limited to):
- Various functional movement patterns to evaluate strength/flexibility imbalances
- Speed/Reactive testing
- Event Specific Field testing
- Coach talk â€“ How to apply
- Athlete development seminars