Athletics Ontario contract opportunity: Marketing and Communications Consultant
LOCATION: Athletics Ontario Headquarters – Toronto, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Director, Member Services, Programs & Development
NOTE: This position is a contract position
The Athletics Ontario (AO) Marketing and Communications Consultant will be responsible for all marketing and communications activities to launch:
- the officials’ mentorship program;
- a pilot membership and event registration system; and
- development of a new app to integrate membership and results databases to enhance reporting, improve efficiencies and increase engagement with event participants.
- Develop and execute campaign(s) to launch the above-referenced programs.
- Communicate with stakeholders for each unique initiative – including creating content and required raining content for newsletters, social platforms, and targeted communications.
- Leverage new initiatives to increase brand recognition and loyalty, positioning AO as a world-class PSO.
- Work with the AO team to organize and promote each initiative to the target group.
- Ensure content is being captured of programs and services for use in promotional & social media campaigns
Director of Programs and Services, Officials Executive Committee, CEO, High-Performance Manager, Manager Technical Specifications, Coordinator of Athlete, Coach & Official Development.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create content for social media, newsletters, and communications plans.
- Adept at managing tight deadlines and multiple high-priority tasks with professionalism.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite and content creation programs (Canva, Adobe Platforms) and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Understanding of the provincial and national sports landscape, systems, and challenges.
- Create effective monitoring and analysis capabilities for the results of delivery of marketing and communication initiatives.
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Expectation Management
- Creativity and Innovation
- Passion for Sport
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of the position’s duties and with consultation, can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organization. AO is an athlete-centered, club and community-based, volunteer-driven organization, committed to athlete development. Our key goals are to promote and encourage participation from the grassroots level through to the very highest level of proficiency; to assist coaches, officials, and club executives in fulfilling their goals; and to establish an authority, that can voice the concerns and desires of members to the appropriate bodies.
How to Apply
The deadline for receiving resumes/applications is September 10, 2023. You can submit your application online at or e-mail to email@example.com. Please identify the desired position in the subject line. Athletics Ontario thanks all who express an interest in this position. Only, those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The post Athletics Ontario contract opportunity: Marketing and Communications Consultant appeared first on Athletics Ontario.