Friday’s Fast Five UPDATES/ NEWS
April 8, 2016
(1) Upcoming Courses:
This is your last chance to sign up for our April NCCP Coaching Workshops with some of Athletics Ontario’s finest Learning Facilitators!
Athletics Ontario is offering a variety of coaching courses this spring. For more details, please check out our coaching courses page here.
Presenters include Desai Williams (Sprints, Hurdles, Relays), Richard Parkinson (Throws), Adrian Roberts (Strength & Conditioning), Gregory Portnoy (Jumps), John Stevenson (Endurance), Jim Catton (Run Jump Throw Wheel) and Sue Wise (LTAD, Energy Systems, Basic Mechanics, Planning a Practice, Creating a Seasonal Plan, and much more.
- DEADLINE: Monday April 11, 2016
- DATES & COURSES: (all will be presented at the Toronto Track and Field Centre): Click on the links below to register for a specific course or for more details, please visit: http://athleticsontario.ca/coaching-courses/
- April 16, 2016: Run Jump Throw Wheel
- April 16-17, 2016: Sport Coach
- April 16-17, 2016: Club Coach
(2) Upcoming 10,000m Track Running Championships:
This year’s Athletics Ontario 10,000m Track Running Championships will be held in London, Ontario. There will be a 1500m race held for men and women before the 10k main event begins. This year’s championship will also include Ontario Master Association athletes.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 14, 2016
- WHERE: Td Waterhouse Stadium, 100 Philip Aziz Ave., London, ON, N6A 3K7
- AO Event Page: http://athleticsontario.ca/10000m-track-running-championships/
- More Information: http://www.londondistanceseries.ca/the-london-10000m.php
- Registration Page: Trackie Page
- Questions: please direct any questions to AO’s Manager of Technical Specifications & Logistics (email@example.com)
(3) AO Toolbox:
AO has updated the Toolbox link - a resource for Coaches, Clubs and Athletes to learn about opportunities for funding and support. Check out the site here: http://athleticsontario.ca/toolbox-2/
(4) Espoir Games Announcement:
Athletics Ontario is pleased to announce this important competitive opportunity for Espoir/Canada Summer Games (CSG) Athletes.
The Eastern Canadian Espoir Championships will be hosted in Moncton, New Brunswick August 6-7, 2016. Athletics Ontario will be fielding a Provincial Team.
- Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
- Maximum Team Ontario Size: ~ 50 athletes
- Event Technical Manual & Team Selection Criteria: see AO’s website: http://athleticsontario.ca/athlete-resources/
- Coaches: CSG coaches (6) and CSG manager (1)
(5) Athletics Ontario Committee Call Out:
AO is searching for members to join the Competitions Committee and the Programs and Services Committee. More details available HERE
- APPLY: Interested individuals should submit an expression of interest with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.