Friday’s Fast Five UPDATES/ NEWS
April 1, 2016
1. Outdoor Season Memberships:
Athletes can register with AO for the Outdoor Season as of April 1st, 2016! Click here to register.
2. Canada Summer Games Camp UPDATE:
46 Ontario athletes traveled down to Claremont, Florida over March Break to participate in the Athletics Ontario Canada Summer Games Training Camp. Athletes and coaches were at the track for 7:00am each day, training hard and were spoiled with seven days of sunshine and 30 degree weather! Check out the Athletics Ontario Facebook Page to view pictures and highlights from the camp.
3. AO Indoor Provincial Championships SCORES:
Congratulations to all clubs and athletes that competed this indoor season! Final scores for the Indoor Championships are tabulated and finalized; each category had very close scores. A full list of scores can be located on the AO website here.
OVERALL INDOOR CHAMPIONS
- U of Toronto TC
- London Western TFC
- Laurel Creek TFC
- Speed River TFC
- Newmarket Huskies TC
- Windsor Legion TFC
- Durham Dragons Athletics
- Bolton Pole Vault
- Central Toronto AC
4. AO Volunteer Opportunities:
- Brand Ambassadors: There are many opportunities to engage with Athletics Ontario - our Brand Ambassador Program launched last month; meet some of Athletics’ role models (coaches, volunteers, athletes and officials) here: http://athleticsontario.ca/2016-athletics-ontario-brand-ambassadors/
- Volunteer Registration: to sign up for upcoming opportunities to give back and participate in events - register on the AO Volunteer Portal here: http://athleticsontario.ca/volunteering/
- Committee Call Out: Athletics Ontario is searching for Committee Members for three Operational Committees (1) Competitions (2) Technical (3) Awards. Anyone interested should submit an expression of interest and resume to email@example.com by Friday, April 8, 2016. More Details can be found here.
5. Coaching Courses (NCCP):
Athletics Ontario is offering a variety of coaching courses this spring. For more details, please check out our coaching courses page here.
Dates and Courses (all will be presented at the Toronto Track and Field Centre):
Opportunities for Schools (Primary -RJTW and Secondary-NCCP): the course outline/ modules have been modified to cater to the specific needs of teachers and meet the needs of the OPHEA/ OFSAA requirements for safety training (Sept. 2016 deadline). For more information on the courses and contact information to set up a coaching course for teachers/ volunteers, please visit the Athletics Ontario Coaching Certification page here.