There are some important reminders and updates regarding the Ontario Outdoor Bantam (U14), Midget (U16) and Youth (U18) Championships, taking place in Bramptonâ€™s Terry Fox Stadium at Chinguacousy Park Saturday July 29 and Sunday July 30.
For full details, including the Final Schedule, Performance List and Live Results Link and more, please visit the event page at: http://athleticsontario.ca/events/2017-ao-bmy-championships/
- Busses are recommended to drop athletes off at the ski chalet located just north of the track and field stadium. Access to the skit chalet is located on the north side of the park off of Central Park Dr. and Bramalea Rd. Please note that buses are NOT to park at the at the ski chalet. Busses are asked to return to hotels.
- Please review the â€˜General Informationâ€™ section of the technical package for a map of parking spots at Chinguacousey Park. Alternate parking can also be found at the following:
Howden Recreation Centre
150 Howden Blvd.
Bramalea Civic Centre
150 Central Park Drive
- Howden Recreation Centre
- Please ensure that implements are being brought to the certification area on the north end of the track (near the 150m start lines) no later than 45min before the start of the event. Please clickÂ hereÂ for a overhead view of the facility.
- For athletes arriving on Friday, bib numbers can be picked up at the Host Hotel between the hours of 6pm â€“ 8pm.
- Host Hotel: Best Western Plus â€“ 30 Clark Boulevard, Brampton ON
- Registration packages will be available at the North West entrance of the truck during the competition on Saturday and Sunday.
Friday Track Availability
- The track will be open for practice/warm-ups to athletes that are arriving on Friday between the hours of 12pm â€“ 6pm EST.
- The Bantam 80m will not have a semi-final. Finals for the 80m is as stated on the Final Schedule: 4:05pm.
- The 200m for all age groups will have an A+B final unless there are less than 33 athletes that check in for the preliminary round.
- There are 8 athletes in the Bantam Boys 80mH and 6 athletes in the Midget Boys 100mH. As per rule 170.1 in the Athletics Ontario Policies and Procedure the first race for these athletes will be the Championship Race. The following race will be offered as an exhibition and not affect the final standings from the first race.
- The 1500m Steeplechase will have 12 barriers and no water jump. The height of the barrier will be 0.762m/30â€³. The athletes will go approximately 300m before they approach the first barrier.
- The 2000m Steeplechase will have 18 barriers and 5 water jumps. The height of the barrier will be 0.840m/33â€³ for the boys and 0.762m/30â€³ for the girls. The first barrier that the athletes will go over will be the 3rd one in a normal race.Â Final-Schedule-2017-BMY-Championships