Athletics Ontario Newsflash!!
MEMBERSHIP - OUTDOOR SEASON
Athletes can register with AO for the Outdoor Season as of April 1, 2016! Click here to register; membership matters to support the sport!
AO PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (10,000m Track Running) - Saturday May 14, 2016
This year’s Athletics Ontario 10,000m Track Running Championships will be held in London, Ontario. There will be a 1500m race held for men and women before the 10k main event begins. This year’s championship will also include Ontario Master Association athletes.
- WHEN: Saturday May 14, 2016
- WHERE: Td Waterhouse Stadium, 100 Philip Aziz Ave., London, ON, N6A 3K7
- AO Event Page: http://athleticsontario.ca/10000m-track-running-championships/
- Registration Page: Trackie Page
- Questions: please direct any questions to AO’s Manager of Technical Specifications & Logistics (email@example.com)
AO PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS & PREP MEET #1 (Senior Outdoor Track & Field)
Athletics Ontario and theYork University Track Club will be hosting the 2016 Outdoor Senior Championships and Prep Meet #1 at the Toronto Track and Field Centre. This year’s provincial championships will be integrated and offer Para events as well. All Para athletes can register to compete in the prep meet component. Senior Para athletes may also participate in the championship portion.
- Registration for the Senior Championships and Prep Meet will open May 19th online here.
- Classification will be taking place on Friday June 10 for all Para athletes that would like to get classified or have their classification reevaluated. Please sign up for classification here to receive updated information.
- Key Dates: Entry Fee (Until Monday, June 6 at 11:59pm); Late Fees (After Monday June 6 at 11:59pm)
- Links - AO Event Page
Espoir Games ANNOUNCEMENT & CRITERIA
- Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
- Maximum Team Ontario Size: ~ 50 athletes
- Event Technical Manual & Team Selection Criteria: see AO’s website: http://athleticsontario.ca/athlete-resources/
- Declaration:Athletes (able bodied and para) are required to declare their intention to be a part of Team Ontario Espoir Championships link byWednesday July 13th, 2016, 11:59pm
- Performances: Declaration will be for their desired individual competition events that they intend to compete in at the Espoir Championships and include the best outdoors performances realized from April 1, 2016 to July 11, 2016 in those events. Any athlete on Team Ontario may be asked to participate in the relays.Athletes must compete in Athletics Ontario Championships in order to be considered.
OTHER OUTDOOR SEASON MEETS/ RACES (sanctioned or approved)
May 1: RCLDS #1: Forest City 5000m
May 14: Throwers Club Meet #1
May 14: London Western HP Sprint Meet
May 14 - 15: Bob Vigars Classic
May 17: University of Toronto Twilight Meet #1
May 21: Running Factory Windsor Open
~ Athletics Ontario Team