The Performance Coach certification is for coaches who are actively coaching year round, 40 or more weeks a year and 5-10 sessions a week. Coaches are recommended to have athletes that are competing at the Canada Summer Games level or higher.Â The main focus of this course is annual planning, periodization and is an introduction to international competition. Prior to registering please ensure you meet the criteria.
Date: Nov 16-19, 2017
Location: Toronto Track and Field Centre (
Time: Â 9:00am-7pm
Schedule: to come
Â (to Come)
Requirements for Performance Coach
- Current member of Athletics Ontario or other Provincial Branch of Athletics Ontario
- Yearly Training Plain
- You will be required to complete all pre-required e-Learning modules( 4-5hours) prior to attending the course. Failure to complete will result in removal from the course
- Club coach (Level 2) Certified or in the process of completion
Coaches will also need to complete some Multi-Sport modules through the Canadian Coaches Association of Canada (CAC). Â It is recommended that these courses be done prior to the weekend course.
- These courses will be an additional cost and online (home study) options are available.
- Managing Conflict (4 hours and the online evaluation)
- Leading Drug Free Sport (3.5 hours and the online evaluation)
- Make Ethical Decisions (3 hours and the online evaluation)
Coach CertificationÂ (NCCP) NumberÂ Â Â
Â Athletics Canada (AC) NumberÂ Â Â
- To find your AC number:Â https://www.trackie.com/members/lookup.php
- To register for an AC number:Â https://www.trackie.com/members/ON.php
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)