Kyle Smith - Coaching Education and Athlete Development Coordinator
Kyle will be working with AO full time and will be responsible for creating and delivering opportunities throughout the Province to AO Membership and within Communities (schools and recreation facilities) to further develop and enhance grassroots and recreational athletes, coaches and programming in Ontario.
Kyle is excited about the opportunity to share his knowledge and experience with AO. As a former elite level track and field athlete, he has firsthand experience with the selection criteria for provincial and national teams. He has represented Ontario as a distance coach on two occasions for the Ontario vs Quebec dual meet.
Kyle’s primary projects include:
- NCCP Coaching focus - provide coaching development opportunities; work with Provincial Para-Sport organizations and Athletics Canada to develop, institute and promote para coaching programs.
- Athlete Development & Opportunities - establish camps and event opportunities throughout the year for targeted athletes and coaches to train and/ or compete; establish selection/ qualification criteria and opportunities for athlete development.
Brittany Durdin - Media Relations and Communications Lead
Brittany will be responsible for managing our organization message to our audience/ viewers. She is well versed in Communications with a Post-Grad Public Relations Certificate from Niagara College and an Honors Bachelor Degree in Sport Management from Brock University.
Brittany has a wealth of experience developing and executing all forms of social media and supporting all product launches and events as Coordinator of Social Media and Brand Development with Front Row Sports. She also worked with the Chicken Farmers of Ontario (CFO) and was responsible for managing and tracking all marketing materials.
Brittany’s Primary projects include:
- Brand Development & Awareness - managing the Brand Ambassador program; providing event and news updates to members.
- News/Press outreach - develop relationships with key media influencers; press involvement at Championships.
- Media Tracking & Communications - work with AC to ensure alignment of key messaging; keep AO members and staff informed about athletics news and major news developments.
With an extensive career in the world of athletics, Sue Wise will be taking a step back from her role as High Performance Manager effective June 30, 2016. Sue has worked with Athletics Ontario since 2008 and has been involved in the sport for many years, both as a coach and athlete; her contributions to the sport have been immense and are greatly appreciated.
For a complete listing of AO staff, click here.