Ontarians acknowledge and support athletics as a sport important to individual and community health and fitness.
The objectives of Athletics Ontario are to:
- Promote physical, emotional and mental well-being;
- Promote athletics;
- Support and assist athletes in their development;
- Develop courses of instruction for/certification of coaches and officials; and
- Promote and ensure competent delivery of athlete-centre recreational and competitive athletics programs in Ontario through member clubs and athletics communities.
- Health and fitness through sports and throughout life;
- Commitment to excellence and the highest standards of performance by athletes at all age levels;
- Integrity, loyalty, fair play, sportsmanship, honesty, commitment, dedication, patience, mutual respect and cooperation;
- Inclusiveness, accessibility and affordability in participation;
- Individual development and measurable achievement encouraged by administrators, coaches, officials and staff committed to Athletics Ontario values;
- High ethical and moral standards and practices in athletics and the governance of athletics; and
- Prudent, transparent stewardship that demonstrates value for the investment of fiscal and human resources.
Athletics Ontario’s organizational mission is to: develop, promote and ensure competent delivery of programs and competitions in athletics for the participant’s enjoyment of the sport produce highly competitive provincial, national and international athletes; and contribute to the health, fitness, social development and well-being of all participants.