BC Athletics is the Provincial non-profit amateur sport organization for Track & Field, Road Running, Marathons/Ultras, Cross Country/Trail Running and Race Walking. A Branch member of Athletics Canada, BC Athletics is made up of individual members, member clubs and affiliated organizations. The purpose of the Association is to promote, encourage and develop the widest participation and the highest proficiency in the sport of Athletics.
In order to meet its purpose, the Association annually:
- Publishes a Calendar of Events listing Cross Country, Marathon, Race Walk, Road Running, Track & Field, Trail and Mountain Running events in British Columbia, Canada, neighbouring Provinces/Territories and States and Internationally
- Assists in the development of Cross Country, Marathon, Race Walk, Road Running, Track & Field, Trail and Mountain Running
- Provides education and training clinics for coaches, teachers, officials, athletes, event organizers and club administrators.
- Hosts local, provincial, national and international events and competitions through member clubs and organizations
- Selects BC Men's and Women's Teams that compete in Canadian Championships, Cd/W Cd Games & Invitational Events
- Advocates for the identification and development of facilities for cross country running, road/marathon running, track & field and race walking
- Is a source for information, contacts, event entries and technical standards for Athletics