Employment Opportunity - Program and Events Coordinator
4 octobre, 2023
Athletics Nova Scotia is the non-profit sport governing body for track and field, cross country running and road running in Nova Scotia. We provide training, competition and development opportunities for ALL AGES AND ABILITIES. We are a member of Athletics Canada.
Athletics Nova Scotia is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program and Events Coordinator.
The Program and Events Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Technical Director. The Coordinator’s role is to develop, organize and administer the Community and Membership Development aspects of the Association through the delivery of program and events.
- 35 hours per week
- Salary range: $45,000-50,000 per annum
- Benefits: generous personal/vacation time and optional medical benefits coverage and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Start Date: ASAP
- 3 year contract – with potential to extend based on funding availability and yearly targets met or exceeded
- 1-2 years of work experience, including project/event management experience with clear evidence of time management skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Recreation Management or related degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Athletics, (Track and Field, Cross Country and Running) and the Athletics Canada sport system.
- Demonstrated ability in sport program development, administration, and delivery.
- Experience in working with volunteers and professionals.
- Experience with Hy-Tek results software, track and field meets and website management is an asset.
- Oversee the U12 Task Force and Program Development.
- Provide Masters Athletics Development support of training and programs.
- Provide Para Athletics Development Support through coordination and scheduling of events.
- Organize and execute 6-7 Athletics NS hosted track and field/XC event each calendar year (acting in role as Meet Director).
- Fastest Kid and Run Jump Throw Wheel in school program promotion and coordination.
- Community outreach program coordination and delivery.
- Manage contract staff for special events - such as day camps and weekly recreation programs.
- Assist in the development of new partnership opportunities.
- Assist in social media channels and website maintenance.
Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of the community, provincial, national, and international sport delivery systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills required to effectively interact with the Board, staff, volunteers, members and the community.
- Organizational skills, record keeping, and planning are essential.
- Must be able to apply an intersectional lens to all aspects of work
- Willingness to learn and understand the needs of the Athletics community in Nova Scotia.
- The ability to analyze situations, effectively determine the required course of action and act accordingly.
- The ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations.
- Creative thinking and the ability to make improvements or solve problems.
- The ability to manage multiple programs at a time and the willingness to adapt to changing environments and assignments as required.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- Must also be able to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings, and willingness to travel (Provincially) as needed.
- Position is based in Halifax, NS with a hybrid work environment.
- Successful candidates must submit a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Interested candidates are asked to forward a resume and cover letter to Anitra Stevens, Executive Director at [email protected] by November 1, 2023.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We strive to create a working environment where people of all gender identities, abilities, ages, cultures, and sexualities to feel welcome in our spaces and to participate in our programs.