NOW HIRING - Meet Director
16 février, 2023
Athletics NS is accepting applications for the position of Meet Director. This contract based position will lead provincially hosted indoor and outdoor meets from start to finish.
The Meet Director will:
1. gather and return all equipment from off site storage and transport to and from meet location
2. set up and tear down of all meet equipment - with support staff/volunteers
3. ensure volunteers and officials are at designated assignments on time - with support of officials lead
4. reassign volunteers and officials as needed to ensure full coverage at all events
5. be on the site personnel to oversee the running and operation of the meet - help us stay on time and deliver a high quality competition for all involved - troubleshoot where necessary
6. cover breaks for any lead officials who need it
7. be on site for the duration of the meet to answer any questions or concerns - with full time staff just a quick phone call away
We will provide full meet director training at our indoor meet on March 4 and our outdoor event on May 6. After these meets the meet director will start to take over tasks and responsibilities in a phased in approach.
We are looking for individuals who:
1. can commit to 3-4 meets per year - we hope to hire 2 people for this role to share responsibility over the year
2. can multi task, prioritize and show flexibility in this new role
3. has a passion for track and field and knowledge of the sport
4. has LOTS of energy
5. can stand and move for long periods of time and able to lift 25lbs +
We will provide you with:
1. hands on training and support
2. staff clothing
3. $500 per day
If you think you are the right fit for this job, please email your resume to [email protected] by February 24, 2023.